Notice: Email processing update!
In an effort to reduce processing times, we will no longer process request online access forms received by email.
If you emailed a request online access form before April 18 and have not received a reply, follow the steps to re-submit your request in the system.
View instructions with pictures
- Create an account
- Log in
- Click “New Request Access to Patient Registration”
- Enter your information and upload a copy of your valid Colorado ID or driver’s license
- Submit the request
Registry staff will review the request and email you within 3-5 business days.
Your Medical Marijuana Document Checklist
Before you head out the door make sure you're prepared using this list below:
- Determine if you have a qualifying condition. See the complete list at Colorado.gov
- Visit a licensed physician who can recommend medical marijuana – see a list of options below
- Create a Colorado Medical Marijuana account - it is important to remember your username and password OR Request online access if you receive an error when creating your account. In some cases the state of Colorado has created accounts for patients that have gone through the mail-in process. If this is the case you will receive an error. Please contact the state directly for this login information.
- Have a valid Colorado ID or Driver's License
- Caregiver’s registration ID if you are applying with a caregiver. Here is a list of tips to make this registration process smoother.
How to Register Online for a Colorado Medical Marijuana Card
You will need a valid email address and credit card or electronic check for processing fee payment in addition to the requirements listed above.
Applying online at CDPHE is the fastest method. However, applications may also be submitted by mail if you do not have access to the internet. Mailed applications can take 6-8 weeks to process. You'll receive your card by mail and won't have access to your online account. Online Applications with correct information submitted are often approved in 1-3 business days. If your information is incorrect or expired this process can take longer.
- Login to your account. If you're using the system for the first time you will need to click "new" and create an account to be able to login.
- Enter the Patient Information
- If you plan to buy your medical marijuana from a center, choose “yes” for the question “Once you receive your registry card, will you get all of your medical marijuana from a center (dispensary)?”
- Click “save and submit.”
- Add Your Physician's Certification
- Click the “Physician certification” tab then click “new”
- Choose your physician certification from the drop-down menu then click “save”
- Enter the Cultivation Information
- Skip this step if you answered “yes” to the question “Once you receive your registry card, will you get all of your medical marijuana from a center (dispensary)?”
- Click Payments tab
- Click “New” to begin making payment
- Click “Submit Payment…”
- Choose payment type
- Complete data entry
- Save and Submit Registration.
- Note: Make sure you close out of small payment window and not the entire system
You've registered. Now what?
You will receive a response via email after staff review asking that you login to your account.
- Once you have logged in click the "Notifications" tab to view your messages.
- Print or display your card
- Click the “print card” button to print your card or display it from a mobile device after you have been approved.
- Things to note: If you applied online you will not receive a card in the mail. As a medical center we ask that you provide us with a printed copy to be able to shop initially. After we have a physical copy on file then you are welcome to display your card to us using your mobile device.
Get your Medical Marijuana Card Application Forms and Instructions here. If you have any issues with CDPHE application process please contact them directly.
Need to Renew?
Is your card expiring soon? It's time to renew.
It is best to begin the renewal process 30-days before your expiration date. Letting your card expire before you renew it can cost you hundreds in taxes and higher pricing.
You will need to login to or create your online account. If you receive an error please the state may have created an online account for you. You will need to contact them directly to receive the login information. If you receive this error or have additional questions please visit the Colorado.gov site to Request online access.
To renew your medical card you will need to see a physician again. Just like a traditional prescription you must go through an exam once again to make sure medical marijuana is still an applicable recommendation. Make sure to take your original medical marijuana registration card, state ID, and any supporting medical documentation with you.
A List of Colorado Licensed Physicians & Clinics
Making an appointment with the physician or clinic can save you hours of wait time. Choose one from the list and call for appointment or visit the website to register online.
970 S. Oneida St. Unit 6. Denver, CO 80223
276 Galapago St. Denver, CO 80223
5101 E Colfax Ave. Denver, CO 80220
1227 Pennsylvania St. Denver, CO 80203
(720) 519-1236 / (303) 963-9276
450 Lincoln St, Suite 104 Denver, CO 80203
3133 N El Paso St. Colorado Springs, CO 80907
627 Weber St, Suite 2 Colorado Springs, CO 80903
3000 Center Green Dr, Suite 210 Boulder, CO 80301
3100 N. Academy Blvd, #205 Colorado Springs, CO 80220
2909 Sheridan Blvd. Wheat Ridge, CO 80214
4101 E. Wesley Ave., Suite 3 Denver, CO, 80222
6650 S. Vine St, Suite L50 Centennial, CO 80121
2960 South Federal Blvd #3 Denver, CO 80236
6795 E Tennessee Ave, #175, Denver CO 80224
970 South Oneida Street Unit 6 Denver, CO 80224
Doctors of Natural Medicine - CO Springs
5446 N. Academy Blvd. #104 Colorado Springs, CO 80981
Doctors of Natural Medicine - Denver
1450 S Santa Fe #102 Denver, CO 80223
1006 Depot Hill Rd, Suite #100 Broomfield, CO 80020
503 Avocado St. Pueblo, CO 81005