Frequently Asked Questions


Are you a licensed medical marijuana center?

Yes, all of our locations are licensed to sell medical marijuana.

Do I have to be a member to shop at Buddy Boy Brands?

You do not have to be a member to shop at Buddy Boy Brands. We allow non-members to shop as well. However, members receive special member pricing and promotions.

How do I become a member?

First, you must have a registration card (also known as a Red Card) from a licensed medical marijuana physician. Then visit any Buddy Boy Brands location and ask to become a member. Our helpful receptionists and budtenders will help you from there.

Do you charge membership fees?

We do not. Membership with us is free of charge.

Are all of your stores medical marijuana centers?

Yes, all of our locations are licensed to sell medical marijuana.

Do you deliver?

We do not.

What is a medical marijuana registration card?

A Medical marijuana registration card, also known as a red card, is something you receive from the state of Colorado that enables you to purchase medical marijuana in Colorado. You may receive the registration card after receiving an exam from a licensed medical physician, completing a Medical Marijuana Registry application, and submitting it to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Fees and proof of identification and Colorado residence are also required when submitting the application. If approved, allow up to six weeks to receive your registration card in the mail. Apply Online to receive your card within days. Learn more about the registration card and the doctors licensed to offer the exam on our Registration Card page.

How many primary caregivers can I have?

You are only allowed to have one primary caregiver.

How many ounces can I buy at one time?

According to Colorado Amendment 20: "A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patient’s medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful: (I)No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana"

What is the different between medical and recreational use?

Medical marijuana is offered only to those with a Colorado medical marijuana registration card that have been recommended by a doctor. Recreational use, also known as retail, is sold to adults more than 21 years of age by only licensed marijuana retailers.

What effects can I expect when using marijuana?

Effects will vary by each user and type of marijuana consumed.

Where can I get a registration/red card?

Here is a list of licensed physicians in the Denver area for you to choose from.


Can I have marijuana in my car?

Yes, you may have marijuana in your car, but you cannot consume it in your vehicle or drive under the influence of marijuana. Also, it cannot be in an open container and cannot be driven across state lines.

Can I consume marijuana in my hotel room or on a hotel balcony?

It is up to the hotel to allow smoking on their premises. Ask your hotel before consuming marijuana or you may face fines or even arrest. The city of Denver prohibits marijuana consumption on hotel balconies if visible from any public place.

How old do I have to be to purchase recreational/retail marijuana?

You must be 21 years old or older.

Can I take the marijuana I purchase in Colorado out of state?

No, it is illegal to take any form of marijuana across state lines, whether it is medical or retail marijuana.

What is the difference between indica, sativa and hybrid?

There are three different types of marijuana: indica, sativa and a mix of the two known as hybrid. The plant and effects of the two are different. If you are looking for a lively, energetic effect a sativa is your choice. If you are looking for something to help you sleep or really relax and indica is a better option. A hybrid contains both indica and sativa so has a mixture of effects. The dominance can sway the plant one way or another though and this will differ by the type of marijuana you choose to purchase.

What are the different ways I can consume marijuana?

Marijuana comes in many different forms for different effects and purposes. The forms include flower, edibles, concentrates, topicals and tinctures.

What is wax?

Wax is a cannabis extract that that is softer and more opaque than its glassy shatter counterpart due to crystallization of the molecules. There are also different versions of wax, like budder, that is made from runny oils with more moisture that tend to be gooier. Other wax extracts that are soft and brittle are known as honeycomb, or crumble. Wax is umbrella term used to describe all of these softer extracts.

What is shatter?

Shatter, sometimes referred to as sap because of its resemblance, is the purest and cleanest marijuana extract or BHO (butane hash oil) and is highly potent. Shatter is an oil that concentrates the marijuana plant’s THC and CBD through and extraction process. Shatter looks like glass with its translucency, but that isn’t always an indicator of its quality. The translucency, consistency, and texture depend on different factors including moisture, heat, and terpene contents.

What is live resin?

Live resin is cannabis extract that uses fresh and frozen marijuana plants, rather than dry plants, that were harvested just hours before processing. Using fresh plants allows for more terpenes since the terpenes degrade and change once the plant is dried.

What is a Pull-and-snap?

A pull-and-snap is an extract that isn’t wax, but also isn’t shatter. It is a concentrate that falls between the glass shatter look and viscous sap.

How much marijuana can I buy?
Adult-use, or recreational, consumers are allowed to purchase up to one ounce of marijuana per day. 
How old do I have to be to buy marijuana?
You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase adult-use, or recreational, marijuana in Colorado.